The Ghana Education Service on May 27th, 2021, released a press that captures a detailed list of the academic calendar for senior high schools for the 2021 Academic Calendar. Below are the details.
The 2021 academic calendar is designed and planned in coordination with the leadership of CHASS keeping in mind the need to ensure that schools achieve closing the gap in learning due to schools closures for COVID-19 prevention.
- All SHS 3 students will complete 1,080 hours before the beginning of WASSCE. They made up for lost time from October to December 2020 with the partial reopening of schools to complete the 2019/2020 academic year.
- All SHS 2 students will complete 1,440 hours of contact instead of the 1,134 as an effort to make up for the lost time.
- All SHS 1 students will complete 1,350 hours to help improve teaching and learning.
The three calendars are further explained below according to the GES Press release:
SCHOOLS RUNNING DOUBLE TRACK FOR FORM 1&2 STUDENTS
• Schools running this calendar have 5 tracks of students and at no point will more than 3 tracks of students be in school at the same time.
SCHOOLS RUNNING DOUBLE TRACK FOR SHS 2 ONLY
- Schools running this calendar have 4 tracks of students and at no point will more than 3 tracks of students be in school at the same time.
SCHOOLS RUNNING THE SINGLE TRACK CALENDAR
- The single-track calendar is designed to ensure the effective use of school infrastructure.
All tracks of students have been provided with clear vacation and reopening dates to help schools, students, and parents plan.
For updates join our Groups
Source: GES - facebook
What is your next search?