55 COVID-19 cases confirmed at Accra Girls SHS
myshsrank * July 14, 2020
The authorities have confirmed that as at Monday, July 13th,2020 fifty-five (55) persons at the Accra Girls Senior High School have tested positive for COVID-19. This includes students and members of staff of the school.
A joint statement by the Ghana Education Service(GES) and Ghana Health Service (GHS) indicates that out of 314 persons tested, 259 persons tested negative and 55 tested positive.
Actions taken so far
- Identification and segregation of contact from other students
- Sample collection and laboratory testing of all contacts identified and suspected cases
- All confirmed cases have been transferred to designated national treatment and isolation centers for management
- Restriction of the number of students that attend dining at a particular time
- Enforcement of social distancing protocols, enhanced hand hygiene practices and the proper use of the facemask
- Disinfection of the entire school has been carried out
- Adequate PPEs have been provided to health staff stationed in the school
- Education on COVID-19 prevention and control has been intensified within the school
- Counseling and psychological support is being provided to the students
- The school has designated a quarantine and isolation center
- Parents and guardians of affected student have been duly contacted
Read Also: Archbishop Porter Girls, Nsein SHS record nine coronavirus cases - Health Director
According to the joint press release, other schools across the country have also confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 but GHS and GES say those cases “have not experienced a surge,” as seen in Accra Girls’ SHS
GES also assured parents, guardians and the general public that adequate measures and efforts are being made to ensure the safety of students and staff.