Boys school



Region: Western Region

District: Sekondi Takoradi Metro

Locality: Takoradi


Estimated Population: N/A


No. of Houses:


The school was established on 9th August, 1909 by the colonial government as a pure Technical school, providing a 3-year course in Wood work and Metal work. Due to increased enrolment and the need for more technical expertise, it was transferred to its current premises in Takoradi in 1939 and later moved to Elmina castle in 1940. This was to give way to the British Royal Air force to use the school. The school is the first Secondary Technical School in the country. It started with 19 students. It is interesting to note that five ladies have passed through the school. They passed through from 1990 to 1993. They were among the first batch of the Senior Secondary Programme. The school’s motto is ‘‘Mente et Menu’’ which means ‘‘With Mind and Hand’’