Bepo so Hann
Aburi Girls’ Senior High School was established in 1946 but its origins and evolution can be traced to the work of the Basel Missionaries, who founded the Presbyterian Church of Ghana. The Mission took the provision of education as an integral part of its mandate and evangelistic agenda. Thus in 1852 a girls’ boarding school was opened at Aburi with Mrs. Windmann, Miss Anna Riss and Miss Rose Miller as the teachers. Unfortunately, these had to leave when the British, colonial masters of the Gold Coast dismissed them after WWII. Upon the recommendation of the Education Committee of the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast, the church took a decision in 1945, to establish Girls’ Secondary School at Aburi. The Aburi Presbyterian Girls’ Secondary School was therefore formally opened on 31st January, 1946. BEPƆSO HANN NYAME NE HENE!!!
No pictures at the moment.
Update on this soon. Please come back!