"Dwin Hwe Kan"
Mfantsipim is a Methodist secondary school in Cape Coast, Ghana. It is the first secondary school to be established in the Gold Coast, (now Ghana) as Wesleyan High School, founded on 3 April 1876. The school changed its name to Wesleyan Collegiate School in 1896. In 1905 a graduate of the school, John Mensah Sarbah, founded a rival school named Mfantsipim; the name derives from “Mfantsefoapem”, literally meaning “thousands of Fantes” but actually meaning “the gathering of hosts of scholars for change” originally by Fantes. In July of the same year the two schools were merged under the control of the Methodist church, keeping the name Mfantsipim. In 1931, it moved to its present location at Kwabotwe Hill and has sometimes been referred to as ‘Kwabotwe’ for that reason.
Cape Coast Metro
No pictures at the moment.
Update on this soon. Please come back!